Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
1 2 3 6
WoW in School

It's a ...?

Share your character name, race, and class. Perhaps, share a bit of insight into why you've chosen what you have and the reason behind the name you've selected! This is where you will be able to take note of other Humans, Dwarves, or Gnomes and ...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy11017409Small AgileBill4d 3y
1 2 3 5
WoW in School

Down the Rabbit Hole!

If you have successfully downloaded World of Warcraft then let us know by telling us, "I'm ready for adventure!" If you are experiencing any difficulty- let us know that too and we'll get down to the bottom of it together!
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy9412512Small AgileBill4d 3y
WoW in School

A Quest for Your Roots...

To earn your reward for this quest, share something you learned about your race...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy318777Small RoadRunnerPrin (Anarane) 3y
WoW in School

Tweet This!

Once you have created a twitter account, and followed @3dgamelab and @wowinschool, share your Twitter account name here. My Twitter Handle is @peggysheehy 8)
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy324335Small RoadRunnerPrin (Anarane) 3y
WoW in School

Magical Educator's Goggles... of the Monkey

This week we want to begin to examine those more closely. Once we learn to identify the learning that's already taking place, we can then begin to tailor learning experiences in the game for our students.
Small Peggy Sheehy 3y
Peggy Sheehy0228Small Peggy Sheehy 3y
WoW in School

Smells Like School...

Here's your task: Create a learning quest, using World of Warcraft, that you would use in your subject area, with your students. You could convert an existing lesson that you already use with your students into a quest in Azeroth, for example. S...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy173149Small Peggy Sheehy 4y
WoW in School

The 800 Pound Gorilla in the Room

What we haven' discussed up till now is the topic of violence in video games. Anticipating that this will be one of the "hurdles" to climb as you seek buy-in from your organizations, read and respond to Henry Jenkins, 8 Myths Debunked article. W...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy143003Small VeraLuz 4y
WoW in School

Honor the Scribe I

We hope you were able to attend the Live Event at the Pig and Whistle Inn on Thursday or Sunday of our first week. NOTE: Each week has it's own thread=Honor the Scribe 2 & 3 Couldn't make it? Fear not! Read the transcript of the text chat belo...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy193377Small yvonneh 4y
WoW in School

Tavern Talk #1 Nov 2014

Here's the transcript from the chat for our first Tavern Talk. Remember that much of the conversation may have taken place in ventrilo:
Small Peggy Sheehy 4y
Peggy Sheehy1287Small Peggy Sheehy 4y
WoW in School

Remember about updates! 3DGL may be down...but we are still able to meet in ventrilo and in world!

Here's the notice that was emailed to officers--"As a reminder, tomorrow night (May 3), we will be migrating our database (server migration will be deferred to a later date). The 3D GameLab site is expected to go down at 10pm MDT and will likely ...
Small Peggy Sheehy 4y
Peggy Sheehy1334Small Peggy Sheehy 4y
WoW in School

Earn Your Keep!

Advance a trade skill to level 75 or higher. Once you have done so share your profession here. Be sure to include any information on how your chosen job is working out for you! You can learn more about Professions in World of Warcraft on the Wo...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy152374Small yvonneh 4y
WoW in School

But Momma said, “Don’t talk to strangers.”

Have you had any interactions with other players? How was your in game communication experience--positive/negative? Were you comfortable communicating with people you didn’t know? What benefit is there in having our learners practice positive co...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy224179Small Llyraa 4y
WoW in School

It's All About the Scaffolding

What learning techniques did the game's designers use to carry you from that first day to where you are now? What game design principles can we borrow or build upon for creating learning environments for our students?Discuss this with your fellow...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy254517Small Llyraa 4y
WoW in School

Honor the Scribe 3

We hope you were able to attend the Live Event at the Pig and Whistle Inn on Thursday or Sunday. Couldn't make it? Fear not! Read the transcript of the text chat below, offer your 3 take-aways, and ask questions! Please complete the poll above to ...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy121887Small yvonneh 4y
WoW in School

If It Ain't Broken...

To build on your understanding of quests (and quest-based learning) a helpful exercise is to take an existing quest and re-write it to suit the needs of your learners. Take a quest that you are currently on in World of Warcraft and do just that. ...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy173450Small yvonneh 4y
WoW in School

Once Upon a Time....

Share your story here!
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy131913Small yvonneh 4y
WoW in School

Break It Down!

For this challenge, you can choose any quest or quest series in WoW that you like. For this learning quest, we're simply going to take your quest and... umm... 'Break it Down' to analyze the components."To begin, make a list of the following com...
Small Peggy Sheehy 6y
Peggy Sheehy325426Small yvonneh 4y
WoW in School

Honor the Scribe

Here's where we will continue our discussion after the live events! If you were unable to participate in the live event- please jump in here with any questions or comments. I will be posting transcripts of the text chat but remember that muc...
Small Peggy Sheehy 5y
Peggy Sheehy223571Small DramaJock (Mark Tennyson) 4y
WoW in School

Tavern Talk--Summer 2013

ReflectionJames Paul Gee is the reason that I am playing WoW, struggling to make time for gaming in a schedule that consumes my life and feeds a growing flame to re-think learning in my school district.http://www.edutopia.org/james-gee-videoPeople...
Small Murray 4y
Murray1342Small Murray 4y
WoW in School

Pixlr assignment, but mind in-game with machinima

The PD class has us doing a Pixlr assignment. Although few of my students play WoW because of the cost, they have loved the graphics. When I use them, they describe quests by the images in them, using the quest names only after another student ask...
Small Murray 4y
Murray1466Small Murray 4y