Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Which World are You?

sococo

Okay, I'm posting this anyway. I "missed" the window where there were people in sococo so I just wandered around in my own space for a bit checking out how it works and thinking of possibilities. There are several very good things I like. One is t...
Small Biosynth 8y
Biosynth31101Small Josain 7y
Which World are You?

My virtual 2 cents

Having looked at several SecondLIfe virtual presentations I have come to the conclusion that there is difinitely a place for this application. I downloaded SecondLife and "walked" around a little bit. I can see where one could get totally absorbe...
Small aclahr 8y
aclahr1658Small aclahr 8y
Which World are You?

Jokaydia

I went to Jokaydiagrid.com and signed up however was not able to then sign in. I did explore what was available on their opening page at their website. I think it would be hard to incorporate this environment into my classroom. I could see usin...
Small aclahr 8y
aclahr1616Small aclahr 8y
Which World are You?

Sococo

Just finished the Sococo demo video. The environment is very interesting. I could see setting up the office spaces as classrooms. Each office would be a class and reflect what is going in that particular class. The conference room with the thr...
Small aclahr 8y
aclahr1617Small aclahr 8y
Which World are You?

CloudParty

I was able to build a strange looking structure. It was fun. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox, however had to sign out of 3DGL and search CloudParty and access it that way.
Small aclahr 8y
aclahr1590Small aclahr 8y
Which World are You?

My Draft Atlas

Not real familiar with the virtual world or the games that are played there. I am trying to learn how to build quests for my 8th American History classes. I think the following facets would be helpful in that regard:Content: mixedU2U: ...
Small aclahr 8y
aclahr1566Small aclahr 8y
Which World are You?

Atlas capstone

Ok, pretty bare bones but here it is:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArqU7ENgiiZzdFF4TFBmUDIyaU9wcFdReDBuOGFqX3c&usp=sharingI have enjoyed the exposure to the variety of spaces and platforms that are available but have been focus...
Small Biosynth 8y
Biosynth1687Small Biosynth 8y
Which World are You?

Worlds Ahoy.

These virtual collaboration spaces are all useful and increasingly "life like" in there look and feel. However, adding faces to avatars, more animated facial expressions and hand gesture may not necessarily increase the effectiveness of the infor...
Small Biosynth 8y
Biosynth1563Small Biosynth 8y
Which World are You?

Cloud Party

Played around in CloudParty. I am familiar with Second Life and have built and created so I will have to play more here to see if it is worth adding to my list of resources.
Small evita 8y
evita1692Small evita 8y
Which World are You?

Unworlds Response

I love the idea of virtual conferencing. Currently working on making cloudparty usable for our school.
Small mrdenham 8y
mrdenham61650Small Biosynth 8y
Which World are You?

Unity/Jibe 3D

Maybe it's just my computer, but this did not run smoothly. I can run around in Guild Wars 2, no problem, but once I entered Jibe, I felt like I was in a virtual world of yesteryear. It was slow, clunky, and kind of boring. However, I probably did...
Small techielit 8y
techielit51467Small Biosynth 8y
Which World are You?

Speed bumps

Its funny, I bumped over to this quest because I'm having problems running some of the virtual spaces. Now I grant my lap top is a few years old and running xp but its stable. Unity wouldn't fit and ran slow through the USB connected disk so I ...
Small Biosynth 8y
Biosynth1619Small Biosynth 8y
Which World are You?

Atlas card

Late to the party..Here are the criteria that I think would be important.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArqU7ENgiiZzdFF4TFBmUDIyaU9wcFdReDBuOGFqX3c&usp=sharing
Small Biosynth 8y
Biosynth1579Small Biosynth 8y
Which World are You?

Real-Time Community

I was unable to access Jokaydia on either Firefox or Internet Explorer, but I did read about it and reflect on its potential uses in the classroom.With the implementation of Common Core in my state and county, collaboration has become an increasin...
Small readwritenow 8y
readwritenow1538Small readwritenow 8y
Which World are You?

Atlas Card Idea

This is a real work in progress, but this is an idea I had for a layout for an Atlas Card. I'm not sure if my information is entirely correct. I just plugged it in as an example. When finished, this will be a chart/table created in Excel. Runesca...
Small readwritenow 8y
readwritenow1568Small readwritenow 8y
Which World are You?

Which World? Capstone Atlas

Small Bemoan 8y
Bemoan3694Small AgileBill4d 8y
Which World are You?

And that's a Wrap! (or is it?)

Thank you all so much for participating. We had some great discussions.Tonight was the last live session for now. We talked about how to portray data from our atlas in 3d or 4d. We talked about the creativity curve of kids as they grow, then tr...
Small AgileBill4d 8y
AgileBill4d1394Small AgileBill4d 8y
Which World are You?

Worlds Ahoy!

In response to: a) Which is more important? Seeing a video feed of my face? or being able to interact with programmed objects in your environment? b) What criteria will you include in your atlas card after seeing a taste of Terf and Pathfinder'...
Small Bemoan 8y
Bemoan2540Small AgileBill4d 8y
Which World are You?

Building your own world

I think there are definite advantages to both building your own world and using one that is pre-made. The pre-made world advantages are fairly straightforward: less time to make it operational and usually significantly more polished. The custom-bu...
Small Bemoan 8y
Bemoan2525Small AgileBill4d 8y
Which World are You?

Building your own world

I think there are times where being able to build your own world are important. It gives your students a feeling that you have authority when they see they are in a world you built. Just like churches, court houses, and schools do. This might, ho...
Small EpicPhelan 8y
EpicPhelan2584Small AgileBill4d 8y